Description du poste
At SOPHiA Genetics we specialize in analysing genomic data. The data we handle grows at a rate of 3x every year. Currently, we are analysing 2 genes every second, which puts us close to 5TB of input data per month !
To do all this, we have currently many production and testing clusters both in Microsoft Azure and in a private cloud. Now we need to automatize the cluster development and creation and put in place mechanisms and structures that will help us grow even faster.
Are you up to the challenge?
We are looking for somebody to join our team in the beautiful city of Bidart, in the Basque Country, that understands both networking and Linux but can also create tools using Kubernetes and puppet to help our developers focus on what is important. We need somebody that likes to solve tricky problems and can’t stop until they are fixed. By preference, somebody with a lot of experience managing production environments and setting up computing clusters in a cloud like AWS or Azure.
The main tasks would be:
– Analysing and preventing potential problems linked to the growth in the data size
– Design the best networking structures to make our data safer but quickly accessible
– Develop monitoring tools that find the problems as they happen using tools such as ELK, etc.
– Handle the infrastructure in both the production and test systems
– Develop tools to automatize the VM creation (Terraform, Ansible…)
– Increase automatization in our Azure cloud
We are interested in a person with experience in several of the following:
– OS / Cloud monitoring
– Network security and best practices
– Python or another scripting language
– Azure or AWS automation
– An orchestrator like K8s, docker swarm
– Apache mesOS
– Apache Kafka
– Automation via Terraform and Ansible or some other VM configuration tool
If this sounds like you, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will get in touch quickly. We can offer:
– A motivating salary for a contract of 39h hebdo
– A stimulating technical environment
– Relaxed schedule to adapt your personal life to your professional life
– Being part of a multinational team with members all over the world
À propos de SOPHiA GENETICS
Classée parmi les 50 entreprises les plus intelligentes au monde selon le MIT Technology Review (https://www.technologyreview.com/lists/companies/2017/), la start-up SOPHiA GENETICS révolutionne le diagnostic des maladies les plus graves grâce à l'analyse génomique (Next Generation DNA Sequencing) et au Machine Learning (Date Driven Medicine), au travers d'une plateforme accessible en SaaS aux hôpitaux du monde entier.
Fondée en 2011 par trois visionnaires, après trois tours d'investissements pour un total de presque 60 millions de dollars, à présent forte de plus de 170 collaborateurs, pour renforcer sa croissance très rapide, la société renforce ses équipes IT (sysadmin, devops, dév) sur la technopole Izarbel à Bidart, dans le Pays Basque.